Friday, December 14, 2018

Wednesday 12-12-18

Today my group and I went to a waterfall along the "Water Trail." It was by far the longest and hardest hike  because of the rough path and the trails were not well maintained and certain parts of the trail had been wiped out by a recent landslide so we had to kind of make our own path just to get through. However in the end, the views of the waterfall was worth it!

Once we decided on a test site for collecting data and macro-invertebrates, we got right into the streams with our nets trying to fish out whatever we can. I caught something quickly and it looked like a huge centipede - it creep me out. I was a little dramatic and had Lynshell put the beetle into the bucket.

Honestly it really shook me and I realized this is not what I want to do for a career. I was never a bug and small insects kind of person especially growing up so I knew this is something I would not enjoy. I mean I love the outdoors and these tropical forests of Costa Rica but the slimy stuff is not for me.

I guess opportunities like this make you realize what you like and what you don't like!..

Still looking forward to learning more on while finishing up this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment